"+ What consumes you?
It's so easy to be busy. How often are you tempted to answer the question, "how are you?" with "I am busy." We get consumed by what's immediately in front of us. Sometimes we are so busy we miss the people in our life and the chance to encounter them. We get consumed by our busyness.
Jesus, however, is consumed by the thought of God the Father and with us. This Lent he wants to encounter us. How crazy is that? The God of the universe wants to spend time with you today. Don't be so busy you miss the encounter.
Sr. Miriam is back in today's #ShareJesus Video talking about how we can focus our Lent on Jesus. One of the awesome things she talks about are 3 healing tools of Lent:
1. Prayer - heals our relationship with him in prayer.
2. Fasting - heals our relationship where we our broken within ourselves with fasting
3. Almsgiving- heals our relationship with others through almsgiving.
I pray that you will allow Jesus into all the areas of your life that are broken so he can resurrect them. Use the healing tools of Lent today!"
+ Taking it offline
• Give to a charity today- practice almsgiving.
• Ask God to heal some brokenness in your life.
• Do an act of charity for a neighbor (shovel their sidewalk, cook them dinner, bake cookies, etc) seeking nothing in return.
• Pray for continued opportunities to witness to Jesus in conversations with coworkers, classmates, friends, and family members.
Free up some time to encounter people today. Free up time to encounter the Lord. I pray that God will continue to work in a new and powerful way in your life this Lent.
Today's Facebook Lenten reflection comes from Fr. Robert Barron. He talks about the Transfiguration and the importance of leaving the mountain to go forth into the world. Check it out at www.facebook.com/cathedralwinona