Join us at Cathedral's Holy Family Hall on Thursday, December 18th from 1:00-7:00 PM to help save lives in our community. We are headed into the part of the year with more car accidents, meaning that more blood will be needed. Your donation can make an immediate difference!
Click HERE to reserve an appointment time online. Online appointments enable you to get in and out faster than someone who shows up without an appointment time.
Walk-ins are always welcome!
Some Facts About Blood:
- Every two seconds someone in the U.S. needs blood.
- More than 41,000 blood donations are needed every day.
- A total of 30 million blood components are transfused each year in the U.S.
- The average red blood cell transfusion is approximately 3 pints.
- The blood type most often requested by hospitals is Type O.
- The blood used in an emergency is already on the shelves before the event occurs.
- Sickle cell disease affects more than 70,000 people in the U.S. About 1,000 babies are born with the disease each year. Sickle cell patients can require frequent blood transfusions throughout their lives.
- More than 1.6 million people were diagnosed with cancer last year. Many of them will need blood, sometimes daily, during their chemotherapy treatment.
- A single car accident victim can require as many as 100 pints of blood.